Whether you are looking for a bouquet that’s big and bold or you prefer something timeless and understated, there are many statement blossoms that you can add to your bouquet to make it uniquely yours. Artistic Blossom’s founder & lead designer, Kelly Dolloff recommends using color, texture, and scale to create a well-balanced bouquet. We love finding blossoms that speak to your vision but also play outside of your expectations.The combination of these two things is sure to deliver something memorable.
Below are some of our top picks of unexpected elements in our bride’s bouquets.
1. Clematis- This beautiful blossom can be found in shades of purple, blue, cream, pink, and red. It is a true show-stopper in a bouquet with its trailing nature and bold shape. Perfect for an organic, lush look.
2. Thistle- The perfect something blue for your bouquet! This is a lovely addition to any floral design. It’s bursting head with prickly cone center adds needed texture and depth when blended with softer florals and greens.
3. Spider Gerbera- Don’t be lead astray by its name! The Spider Gerbera is a gorgeous floral accent with feathery petals and bold color. Talk about texture! This blossom is perfect for brides who want a strikingly unique bouquet.
4. Grape Hyacinth- This blossom will have you dreaming of dewy spring meadows. It’s small, drop-shaped blossoms and rich blue coloring is a sweet addition to any spring bouquet.
5. Poppy Pods- With its bulbous green base and daisy-like top, Poppy Pods are a fun accent for bouquets. They have a whimsical nature, beautiful in garden weddings or any design with a bohemian aesthetic.